…that professional OliveOil tasters use sour apples (and/or water) to neutralize their palate during the tasting of many OliveOil varieties?
Are you a Food Professional and interested in exploring the flavours of OliveOils?
Then save the date: Saturday, 23th of September in Amsterdam 11.30 am. Simon Field, expert taster, from International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes will be visiting us in Amsterdam and giving a short introduction to Extra Virgin Olive Oil tasting at our GreenBites showroom.
More details to follow!
The mellow herbal and slightly bitter flavor of the tea is said to have several health benefits:
1. It supports the immune system because it kills fungi and bacteria.
2. It helps to stabilize the blood pressure.
3. It helps to control blood sugar levels.
4. It contains substances detoxing the body.
5. It helps to prevent various forms of arthritis.
Here are 3 reasons to use extra virgin OliveOil in your bathroom:
1. It’s rich in vitamins including vitamins A and D.
2. It has antioxidant properties which can help repair skin damage from sun exposure and pollutants.
3. It moisturizes and hydrates your skin.
Just add a little water and rub it on your skin.
Tip: use our Marina Colonna lemon or mandarin OliveOil for a nice fresh smell 🙂
Did you know that the Fattoria Ramerino Cultivar Moraiolo belongs to the best OliveOils in the world? It is a silver award winner at the New York International Olive Oil Competition (NYIOO) 2017. This high profile event takes place every year in April in New York and is one of the world’s largest and most prestigious OliveOil competitions. Nearly 1000 brands are analyzed by an international team of expert tasters to determine the best OliveOils in the world. The balanced taste of bitter and tangy notes as well as a hint of artichokes, fresh herbs and spices of the Fattoria Ramerino Cultivar Moraiolo seduced the international panel of experts in New York. Congratulations to Fattoria Ramerino 🙂
Find out more information about the competition here and here
5 reasons to use extra virgin OliveOil in your kitchen:
1. it lowers Cholesterol levels
2. it is full of anti-oxidants
3. it maintains good healthy because of unsaturated fats.
4. it is easy to digest
5. it is a vegan alternative to butter
The organic, extra virgin OliveOil Mediterranea, from Calabria/Italy is mild and buttery in taste, however full of healthy attributes and perfect for baking cakes (up to 210 ℃). For recipes and inspirations – check out our recipe section on our website 😉
I just got back from Spain where I cooked my own Paella. Here some tips, which from my personal experience will make your Paella even yummier
- Always add shrimps and shellfish only 10 min before the end of the cooking time – then they will stay moist and soft (PS: in this picture we overdid the shrimp a little).
- Prepare squid separately in a pan with a little OliveOil – just 3- 4 min is enough – and add AFTER Paella is finished. This way they will be soft as butter!
- We are not so fond of “mushy” peas. However, we love the veggie aspect and the color medley. So we added them raw at the end (or if frozen/pour boiling briefly water over them) together with parsley just before serving.
- Be generous on tomato cubes, garlic and good quality OliveOil… they will make the Paella tasty and moist.
- If you don’t want to spent lots of money for Saffron and don’t want to use artificial colouring: Use Curcuma! A superfood giving the Paella a beautiful golden color, too.