Serves 6-8 Persons
- 300 g Dutch Citronbeans
- 3 bay leaves
- 600g mixed vegetables
- 200 g palm cabbage, cut in small pieces: this gives the soup a great color and delicious bite!
- 125 g organic bacon (not necessary but makes it taste even better)
- 4 springs of rosemary, small pieces
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 4-6 cloves garlic (crushed or grated)
- 1.5 liter vegetablestock
- Salt to taste
- For every plate 3 tablespoons Agrestis Novello to finish the soup.
Put the beans in a bowl with double the amount of water. Add the bay leaves. Leave for 6-8 hours.
Cook the beans in 30-40 minutes (make sure they dont become to soft, when some spring open the beans are done!)
Bake the bacon golden brown, add the mixed vegetables and bake for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and herbs.
Mix in the beans and pour the stock in. Leave on low heat for 15 minutes. For the best taste, leave the soup for a night before serving. After plating, add the Novello OliveOil. Delicious with fresh bread, and also good to freeze!